*** New E-Mail Address ***
soflowaterpoloblog@gmail.com

Monday, September 24, 2018

Cooper City Alum Patrick Ellis Profiled by U.S. Coast Guard Academy Admiral James M Loy Institute for Leadership




Background/Family Information:
I was born in Panama City, Panama and then my family moved to Cooper City, FL where I lived for 16 years. I am a Marine and Environmental Sciences major here at the Academy. I grew up speaking English, Spanish, and Hakka Chinese. Throughout my childhood my brother and I played baseball, soccer, and water polo. I have an older brother, Andrew, who graduated from CGA (Class of 2015) with a degree in Management. He is currently serving as CO of USCGC STURGEON. Back home I have a toy poodle named Pitu. Upon graduating high school I was accepted into the Coast Guard Academy Scholars program and went to Marion Military Institute.
What is your involvement at the Coast Guard Academy and what leadership position(s) have you been a part of?
I was the Wellness Department MAA as a 2/c and Vice President of the Companeros Council. I am currently the captain of the Men’s Water Polo team and one of the Hotel Liaison division officers.

Tell us about your goals at the Academy and future Coast Guard service:
I plan on graduating from CGA with a degree in Marine and Environmental Sciences and serving as a Deck Watch Officer aboard a 270 or 210 on the east coast. Also, I hope to be able to lead the Water Polo team to the Nationals Championship this year.
If you had one piece of advice on leadership for underclass cadets, what would it be?
I would tell the underclass cadets to focus on taking care of their people. I am a firm believer that the most important part of any organization is the people within it and that mission excellence can only be achieved if your people are supported by their leaders.
Thank you for reading and please follow us to learn more about our cadets, our #LoyIFL leadership development efforts, and more!
***Founded in 2005, the Admiral James M. Loy Institute for Leadership (IFL) both complements and supplements leader development at the Coast Guard Academy through trainings, co-curricular programs, research, and publication efforts. The Loy IFL posts cadet profiles each week to highlight our cadets and showcase some of the cadet leader development taking place at the Academy. Follow us to learn more about the Loy IFL and leader development at the Coast Guard Academy.***



No comments:

Post a Comment