*** New E-Mail Address ***
soflowaterpoloblog@gmail.com

Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Athlete Spotlight: Catherine Hill



Lake Brantley High
Southeast Premier Water Polo Club

GO FOR IT!!!

"Coming into water polo I had no swimming background and honestly, I didn’t know much about the sport. However, starting water polo in high school was one of the best decisions I made freshman year. It is truly a team sport that gives you a chance to work together with new people (teammates and coaches alike) while building strong friendships in and out of the pool.

I distinctly remember my first tournament, I hadn’t been playing for very long, about 3 months, and I was extremely nervous. But I learned so much from playing, watching other games, and helping run the scoring tables. Not only did I learn a lot but it was at that tournament that I realized how fun the sport was going to be.

At the same winter tournament, a year later, although still nervous, I was able to recognize how much I had grown as a player. It is that improvement and the opportunity to keep growing that makes practices, games, and tournaments so rewarding.  For me water polo is a chance to improve my skills as an athlete, while building friendships with my teammates.


My words to anyone thinking of starting or trying out water polo, go for it! I guarantee that you will love it, learn a lot, and have fun doing it."

- Catherine Hill







No comments:

Post a Comment